Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Outta My Way Pumpkin Pie-I Have Goals!

Today is gym day and right now I am not feeling it but I made a promise to myself that I am going to lose thirty pounds even if I pass out once in a while in the process. Miji and I decided soon after he proposed that we would join a gym so we could drop some of these love pounds. In case you don't know what love pounds are it is the weight that you gain once you have found the one and you are so in love you figure they will love you no matter what you look like. Now I am not doubting that MIji would not stop loving me nor would I stop loving him and we even laugh and say if we weighed 950 pounds we would feed each other in bed since we would'nt be able to move at that point! But the thing is I want to look good and feel good and be happy when Miji tells me how beautiful I am-I want to feel like I am beautiful too! So we joined Planet Fitness and it was a pretty good deal $10 each per month-not bad. When we first joined we were going at least 3 times per week but then as the time changed we just wanted to get home and do our evening routine without feeling like it was 10:00 at night. Last week I put my foot down and told Miji we had to get back in gear and get back to the gym-he didn't like it, but he agreed. I went back last Friday on my day off and I decided to get there early to avoid the crowds and the weird people-yes there are weird people there...let's take a few minutes to talk about that. Now I am not saying I am perfect, not by far but ya, weird people. There are the ones that look like Ghetto astronauts and wear plastic looking space workout suits. They are used to make them sweat more during their workout but it seems that the people who wear these are not really working out but kinda just standing around drinking water or sitting on a machine taking up the space and watching everyone else. Then there are the overachievers-hey good for them. I get it, they have goals and they will probably get there because they are working hard. They are the type that make you feel like a loser. The ones that are running like a crazy guy on the treadmill and singing "Eye of the tiger" as they reach mile 25 in under an hour! Then there are the ones who are waiting for the machine you just got on and they look at you like you are wasting their time and you just know they are cussing you out in their head. You tend to just put your head down and concentrate on your workout while secretly wishing they would go away. There are the body builders. They are the ones sitting up in front of the mirrors or on those weight machines that get crazy if you go on the machine they walk away from like it is theirs. I enjoy watching the mirrors they are looking into to see what funny faces they make as they lift their heavy weights. I am just one of the ones who wants to go in and workout without any problems. Miji and I first tried to work out together but we distracted each other talking and laughing. He also likes to try and be one of those motivators who say "c'mon five more minutes c'mon you can do it" Ugh! I know I can do it but I would be much more happy with a donut! So anyways I went back last week and worked out alone and I felt accomplished. I found a routine that I think I am going to try and stick to that I like. Miji likes doing 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmill but I need variety or I get bored, I don't have as much focus as he does. I love the bikes because you can knock out a few miles really fast and you're sitting down and bonus, there are like 20 TV's in front of me-except I have to read the screens! Then they have this sort of swing for your abs. You kneel on it and pull your way up while your body is swinging away-love it and you can feel it working the next day. Recently I discovered this ab machine that you push weight forward. It wasn't till I was having so much fun on this that I realized it was like a sit up-another bonus! On to the next machine that you kneel on and do side twists. I guess I love these machines because it seems more like fun than a workout! Then I move on to the arm machines. My wedding dress is strapless since they really don't make dresses with sleeves anymore and so I am trying to get cute little arms-I do not want to be flabby arm girl! So it's back to the gym tonight with my 30 pound goal in sight only for it to be ruined by all that scrumptious food next week-Damn you turkey and pumpkin pie-why do you mock me?

No comments:

Post a Comment