Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Honeymoon Phase Forever

I was reading an interesting article about how to tell if your "Honeymoon Phase" of your relationship is over. The honeymoon phase is defined as the beginning stage of your relationship where the other person can do no wrong and everything is blissful. The article stated that after about three months the honeymoon phase starts to end and then the real people of the relationship start to emerge. After reading this I smiled to myself because after 1 year and 10 months together Miji and I are still in the "Honeymoon Phase". I remember when we first started dating we went to Yardhouse at Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga. We were seated at this big round table by this waitress who looked so annoyed with us because we were laughing and smiling and flirting with each other and just so in love. The funny thing is that we are still this way with each other as if no time has passed-it is the most incredible feeling in the world. My favorite part of the day is when the day is almost over and we retreat to our room for the evening. We hang out on our bed and just watch tv and laugh about stupid things and talk until we are tired and fall asleep in each other's arms. Sometimes he will be doing something on his phone while I am on mine and we glance at each other and just smile and mouth the words "I love you" to each other. Even in the middle of night he wraps his arm around me or pulls my arm around him like a blanket. We are in the honeymoon phase even when we are sleeping! I was thinking about that article and thinking back to all my relationships before I met Miji and I can honestly say that in those relationships that article was true-the real people that was myself and them emerged and the honeymoon phase did end after three months-sometimes even less. In this case with Miji it has been so different than anything I have ever experienced. From the moment I watch him pull out of our driveway to the moment I see him as I walk in the door at night I miss him and am counting down the hours until I see him again. He will come up to me and put his arms around me and say "God, I love you" and he looks at me with his warm brown eyes with so much love that it makes me emotional. Sometimes while we are laying there at night and he is telling me how much he loves me and all the reasons why, I start to cry and I tell him how happy I am and how lucky I feel to have him in my life. Some people don't believe in soulmates and I used to doubt that soulmates existed at one time in my life, but not anymore, I believe I have found the one my soul belongs with as his belongs with me. He once sent me a quote that I have on my cubicle wall at work to remind me how incredibly lucky I am. Here it is: "There's this incredible feeling you get when you meet someone new and you feel like you've known them your whole life. Beyond the fact that you now share a set of reference points, there's something so much more intrinsic They're not just awesome, kind or funny. It's that their sensibilities and personality so line up with your own that you feel it in your bones. It's outright chemical. Sometimes you didn't know this person at all. Sometimes you've heard a million things about them beforehand. But there is no denying it when it happens, and you wonder how you've ever, ever got by in your life without them." Under the quote he wrote "That's you sweetie". He makes the whole world melt away when he looks at me and I will never be the same. My wish is for every person in love to always be in the honeymoon phase-just like me and my Miji.

No comments:

Post a Comment