Friday, December 6, 2013

Calm Down Bridezilla it's Christmas!

I have a wedding widget on my phone that counts down how many days are left until our big day next year. I also have the days numbered on my calendar at work. Today the number reads 218. Just 218 days left! Yes I know that sounds like a lot but I know once the holidays pass the time is going to fly by. I have kind of been in this sort of mode where I feel like I have to do something for the wedding every few days like watching wedding shows or looking for invitations or going on the David's Bridal website just to feel like a wedding is going to happen. When Miji proposed to me in August we kind of got a little ahead of ourselves. We booked the venue for the wedding and reception, I bought my dress, we picked out tuxedos and bridesmaids dresses, held a wedding party meeting, booked the photographer, set up a meeting with the cake lady, booked the DJ-whew! I know what you're thinking...what's left?!! I know, I know, we have got a lot accomplished and now it's time for the holidays. I was so used to doing something every week that needed to get done and now we're just sitting back and enjoying the holidays. In the back of my mind though I think of new things that have to be done and worry about crazy things-Like what if the girls don't buy their dresses and they go on clearance and stop selling them? What if the guys don't get fitted for their tuxes by the deadline? The little things keep nagging me and while I want to enjoy the holidays I find myself thinking of all these things in my head-I am crazy!!! I was watching an episode of Say Yes to the Dress and the brides were going in to buy new dresses because they changed their minds about their original dresses that they fell in love with. I do that too! I find myself going on David's Bridal website looking for different things, then I realize I totally love my dress and the way that it sparkles and shines-it is so me and I cannot wait to wear it. Quite often I unzip the bag my dress lives in for now and I say hello dress-it's me, I love you! Miji and his parents think its funny when I do that. I tell myself that I better take some time to enjoy the holidays because I know that once 2014 gets here I will have just 192 days on my wedding widget-see how crazy I am that I know that!? I also know that come january I have to get serious about the gym! I have been in a weird not wanting to do any fitness related thing because of last week being Thanksgiving and the next few weeks filled with parties, lunches and potlucks and Christmas-why even bother! Yup, I am sure my gym is going to be packed come January and I plan on being there all the time!!! I tried to be good the other day by doing some good old manual situps-yeah that was fun, I ended up having to take a pain pill because I messed up my back-see what I get for trying? Oh well-I am on a mission come january and I figure as long as my dress zips up, that's perfect! So for now I will put all my wedding thoughts to the back of my mind, enjoy the holidays and fattening food and in January I will begin to drive the 25 people that are in my wedding crazy in a non bridezilla-ish way!

No comments:

Post a Comment