Monday, July 1, 2013

Every Day Is A Mystery

Waking up every day is a mystery.  You never know what the day holds for you.  This especially rang true this weekend when our plans entailed going to look and only look at the new KIA Cadenza.  It's this fancy car that we had been seeing commercials for and it was sleek and black and shiny-perfect.  We really had no intention of buying anything because I have a car payment that is on the brink of being paid off so seriously we were just going in to look!  Once we got there we weren't really impressed by the models they had of that specific car and outside of the commercial, it really was just another car-nothing special.  Adri and I left Miji to deal with the crazy salesman after I told the salesman we didn't like it.  To a man salesman a woman customer saying that is doomsday!  They know it's pretty much a no sale.  Anyways, Adri and I went on to check out the other cars and sit in them and fantacize they were ours.  I must admit she looked really cute in the driver seat of a mini SUV.  It's kind of crazy that my little girl will be driving someday soon-dang-where have all the years gone?

On our way back to the car Adri pleaded not to go home yet and I didn't really want to either.  A co-worker of mine has this really cute car called a Nissan Juke so I convinced Miji I wanted to check them out at the Nissan dealership across the street.  For years my dad was a car salesman and I pretty much know how they work.  The minute we walked on the lot our car salesman, Eddie, approached us.  I told him that I was broke and had no money down, had very bad credit (thanks to the ex) and I had a car payment until October-therefore I was only there to look at the Juke.  That did not matter to Eric he was convinced to get his sale!  We went inside and they ran some numbers-wow-not as bad as I thought-Thanks to my realtor who managed to short sale a house that had not been paid for for over a year!  Time for a test drive.  Up until this point I was convinced it was something that was not in my near future to get a new car.  The test drive was strange but awesome at the same time.  I had this wonderful sense of freedom and safety.  I felt like this was my car without anyone's name attached-without that person threatening that it was his car too-what a great feeling. 

After the test drive was when the real haggling began.  My daddy din't raise no dummy and I knew how to get what I knew I wanted.  I told them the minute I walked on the lot what I wanted and what I could do and eventually it worked out.  It was also a good life lesson for Adri to see that you can't just let someone talk you into something but that you have to fight for what you want and also that things are definately not free!!  I did have some buyer remorse for the rest of the weekend.  I am a bargain shopper and anytime I spend more than $100 on myself I start to freak out.

What I realized with the help of my Miji and my Facebook friends and my family is that I deserve this and that it is ok to have nice things and spend money that I work for.  One of the comments I received when I posted on Facebook was what a difference a year makes.  I sighed and thought how true that statement was.  Last year at this time I was 18 days away from being divorced and just beginning to truly be happy and discover life again after living for close to 20 years in unhappiness. 
I feel really blessed of where I am in my life right now.  I may panic when the electric bill jumps a little or worry about getting by at times but then I realize that in the end I have my family and we are healthy and truly happy for the first time in forever.  Every day truly IS a mystery but I know it is a gift we are all given to make the very best of and that's just what I am going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment